120,000 books and other media (DVD-movies, audio books, CDs, musical scores, board games and console games) are held for you in the central library, the children’s library and the mobile library.
We offer free wireless internet access (WiFi) to all visitors at all locations. Bring in your laptop, tablet or smartphone to access the internet.
Need help? If you're having difficulty finding what you're looking for, you'll find our friendly team on our help desks. The information desk staff answer questions on every topic and assist with more complex research.
The children’s library (Kinderbibliothek) offers many free early literacy programs, designed to fit each stage of a child’s early development, as well as an extensive collection of books and other media for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and schoolers.
Mobile Library | Bücherbus
The mobile library visits 6 city stops and 11 schools on a weekly basis. You can request any item not on the shelves from our online catalogue.
E-Media and Digital Content:
All you need is a library card and you're set.
• Onleihe: 24h loan, downloads of eBooks, eAudios, ePapers, eVideos. Our eBook collection includes fiction and non-fiction, collections for children and teens, videos, papers and audiobooks.
• Streaming films from filmfriend: Watch unlimited movies for free.
• Streaming music 24/7 from Freegal Music.
• Database Brockhaus and Munzinger: All the information you need at the click of a mouse.
How to get a library card
To register, please bring
• Your valid identity card (for German citizens) or
• Your passport and a certificate of residence office, or a certificate from a job center or a social security office
• Children up to 11 years of age require a written consent from their parent or guardian
• Your library card ist non transferible
You will receive your library card immediately. With your library card you are welcome in each institution of the Offenbach City Library (central library, children’s library and mobile library).
You can apply for a library card online and pick it up at the registration desks.
Annual fee: Please pay an annual membership fee of:
• €10.00 for adult persons
• €5.00 for a partner library card (joint household)
• €5.00 for students, unemployed persons with certificates from a job center, disabled and retired persons
• free of charge for children and young persons up to 17 years of age
• 4 weeks for books, CDs, CD-ROMs, audio books, board games
• 2 weeks for DVDs, console games, i.e. Nintendo, Playstation, Wii, Xbox, bestsellers, magazines, CDs (only rock and pop)
• 8 weeks for musical scores
Items returned or renewed late:
• €0.50 per item, per week
• €0.25 for children up to 14 years of age, per item, per week
Up to two renewals are allowed, if there are no reservations on the items. You can renew your items by phone during the opening hours of the library, or via the internet or email. Bestsellers and magazines cannot be renewed.
You can reserve library medias for €1.00 per item. You can reserve items at our information desk, or reserve it by yourself using one of the computers in the library or via the internet. You can also phone us to make a reservation. A notice will be sent to you when the reserved item is available.
You can search in the library online catalogue, reserve items, view the items you have borrowed, and renew your borrowed items.
Interlibrary loan | Fernleihe
If you cannot find an item in our collection we can borrow it as an interlibrary loan from another library within Germany or from anywhere in the world from €2.00 per item.